Sunday, June 7, 2009

Progress...

...is incredible! I will post pictures hopefully by tomorrow. Things have been a bit hectic around the ranch, it always is when Cole is with his dad. I feel like I have to catch up on all of my errands and other obligations which leaves me virtually high and dry for taking pictures of the Garden of Eating and posting them.

To date, Leasa came over today and she, Cole and I got the Sunflowers in the ground. We also planted thyme, garlic, mint, strawberries and cilantro. Last weekend, Ron, AJ and I planted the eggplants, watermelon, cantaloup, corn and thinned the tomatoes. Have I mentioned the compost? I turned that sucker over today only to be greeted by the fresh aroma of earth and a nice heaping pile of dirt. It works! It really works! I figure in 2 weeks, I can spread the compost soil all over the garden.

As an important side note, I have to say that starting a compost was one of the best things I ever did. When I have to throw away old vegetables and fruits, I don't feel bad in the least, I just take it out back and let it turn into dirt and I don't feel like it is money down the drain. Did I mention that I think I'm a fucking genius? ok, ok, I didn't reinvent the wheel here, but oh my god, how much do I love making dirt!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe it's a good thing your car doesn't run on diesel. You might try to make bio-diesel out of used vegetable oil.

    ReplyDelete