Monday, May 11, 2009

Almost Spend free May

It's not completely spend free, as Cole and I just went to Walmart over the weekend because my 20 year old blow dryer decided that it had enough and we needed cat food and litter. Also, I made a promise to Cole that after spend free April, I would buy him whatever board game he wanted. He was such a super star participant of spend free April. He did not ask for anything and he went along with whatever we had to do and actually came up with some good ideas on how to save money.

So we are modifying the idea in May to necessity only May. We still have a crapload of food in the freezers and cabinets. We are going to continue along our frugal path until all of the food is gone, but will make trips to the store for necessary items, such as milk, eggs and fresh veggies.

I still love the concept of bartering, my neighbor brought me over a bag of fresh coffee because she is kicking the coffee habit for tea so I gave her all of my tea since I haven't drank tea in years. (why I had 4 boxes of tea in my pantry I'll never know)

No comments:

Post a Comment