Saturday, May 16, 2009

Co-op!

We're planting a garden in the back yard with Ron and his kids! YEAH! We are going to have so much fresh veggies and herbs. The initial investment is going to be steep but I can't wait to eat home grown veggies from the sweat of my own brow (and that of Ron's and the kids). Plus we plan on getting all of our friends to help share in maintaining it so we can all share in the fruits of our labor.

To date, we have trimmed the huge tree, raked all the leaves and we plan on growing a compost and making beds for all of our differnt veggies. Will update with pictures soon. We have to go to home depot and get our supplies and rent a tiller to loosen up the soil. YEE-haw!! I have been dying to do this for a long time so one of my dreams is currently being realized.

1 comment:

  1. The neighbors are calling me. Something about farm animals?

    ReplyDelete