Saturday, April 25, 2009

One more week

One more week and we are almost there! There is still a crapload of food in the pantry and the freezer. We won't go hungry anytime soon that is for sure. And I can happily report, neither will the cat. Our nice landloard/firefighting friend brought over some vittles last week and I also gave a friend a pizza stone and in exchange, she gave the Claw her favorite bag of kibble. I wish we could do that for everything.

The more and more I think about it, I think commune living would suit me just fine. The idea of living off the land and only using what you needed and paring down your basics to true necessities sounds very appealing. Being saddled with so many wordly possessions is truly a burden. Cole and I watched the Story of Stuff http://www.storyofstuff.com/ and we were both stunned at the amount of garbage we generate. He asked me what recyling meant and of course, me being me, went into an entire technical tirade of recyling, what it means, why we should do it, why most of us don't, etc. The best part is he actually got it. He promised he will start bringing home his water bottles from school because he doesn't want to kill our planet. I love that my son is not your typical 6 year old consumer.

No comments:

Post a Comment